Tennis Court Planning
you ned planning consent for tennis courts?
most cases planning will not be required for a new tennis court
in the gardens behind a private dwelling. Tennis courts are specifically
mentioned in, and come under the general rules for outbuildings,
which state that an enclosure below a 3m height will not require
In general there are six main reasons why a new tennis court will
need a full planning application.
development rights have been removed.
* The proposed design is in an area of outstanding natural beauty.
* The property is a listed building.
* The design of the court would require very extensive excavation
* The court would take up more than 50% of the garden.
* The court is to be built outside of the garden.
To find out more about planning issues, visit the planning portal,
a government planning advice website.
here for The Planning Portal